SPH TVC delivers a high quality interactive experience to your audience within a uniquely designed Player.
Your creative is presented at broadcast quality to website visitors with Macromedia Flash Player installed.
The TVC format offers a high degree of creative flexibility. You can use it to run:
If you choose to run an existing television commercial, it can be best to include an intro and exit frame, which tailors the ad to the online community and reflects the additional levels of interactivity available.
- an existing television commercial
- a flash movie or creative execution
- animated creative
- combination of both
- a static commercial (e.g. a GIF or JPG) with an audio track.
The creative should be prepared in the aspect ratio of 4:3 (TV), or 16:9 (widescreen). We will use the Viewer format that best fits the aspect of the creative material you supply, so your creative is not stretched, and to minimize black banding around the image.
We suggest you consider these guidelines when developing the creative:
- Make the ad entertaining as consumers on line are less forgiving of poor quality ads, and they can close immediately if they wish.
- Ensure the ad is as relevant as possible to the audience and type of Program. You can use unique creative for each Program if you wish.
- Keep it short. Our feedback and Network performance data shows that around 15-20 seconds is the optimal duration for rich media ads on line.
- Use the text panel to remind viewers of any action you want them to take, or any special tactical message.
- Make use of the hyperlink to direct the user to your campaign microsite.
- SPH TVC ads are often viewed during offices places, so we have set the player to default sound off.
|Channel / Category
|| A1 Home
|| A1 News
|Business & Finance
|| A1 Business
|Youth & Entertainment
|| STOMP Home
|| A1 Diva
|Player Dimension (Pixels) Width x Height
||Standard Dimension: 380 x 350
Wide Screen: 500 x 350
|Tab Dimension (Pixels) Width x Height
||Standard: 368 x 29
Customized: 180 x 90
|Social Network Buttons
3 buttons - Email A Friend, Facebook, Twitter
Email a Friend
When clicked, user is invited to fill in the name and email address of the recipient. The email sent to the recipient includes a link, which will take them to a preview page where the Creative can be viewed for up to 4 weeks.
When clicked, it will direct user to the Facebook fan page & add a TVC preview link on the user's Facebook wall.
When clicked, it will add a TVC preview link on the user's twitter account.
||50 chars max (including white space)
(Click Thru link)
||Clicking the player screen while the ad is playing will take the user directly to the hyperlink destination, i.e. Campaign Microsite.
||Mandatory, allows user to minimize the Player.
||IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari on PC.
Safari on Mac.
|Video Aspect Ratio
|Animation/Video Duration (Sec)
||Video : 60 secs (max)
||User Initiated (on click)
||Play/Pause, Mute, Volume
Default is Sound Off
1. Video file in MPEG/MOV/MP4
a. Aspect ratio: 4:3 or 16:9
2. Custom skin in JPEG (if any)
b. Video Sample or bit rate: minimum 2k
c. Frames per second: minimum 25 frames per second
d. Sound rat: minimum 44.1kHz
3. Text for text ticker (if any)
4. Landing page URL